Publishing books and running a business is hard work! I am committed to helping authors and entrepreneurs reach their goals.
Below you will find numerous resources to help you on your publishing journey, including those that I have an affiliate relationship with. If you make a purchase using one of my links where “affiliate” is listed I will earn a commission on the sale. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
Commissions are great but I only recommend things I believe will be helpful (and I know they are because my clients and I use them). Please only buy what you know will be useful to you in helping you achieve your goals. You do not need every resource on this page to be successful!
Website Hosting, Themes, and Tools
The best WordPress website hosting. Get three months free by clicking here! Affiliate
Grammarly is a great tool for online writing. Use it to help proof your website copy. Click here to try the world’s best grammar checker. Affiliate
Namecheap is a great place to get or manage your domain name, hosting, and email. Click here to get started. Affiliate.
Use Pretty Link with your self-hosted WordPress sites to optimize your book sales. Click here to buy Pretty Link. Affiliate
Mailerlite is an email management system with all the perks of Mailchimp at a fraction of the cost! Click here to start building your mailing list. Affiliate
ConvertKit is an email management system perfect for those who need more robust features than Mailerlite. Click here to start for free! Affiliate
Findaway Voices gives you access to the world’s largest network of audiobook sellers and everything you need to create professional audiobooks. I use Findaway Voices with my clients. Click here to get started.
I use ClickUp with all my clients to help organize and optimize our publishing plans. Click here to get started. Affiliate
The best payroll company around. Click here to get started.
Make awesome business cards and stand out from the crowd. Click here and get 25% off your first order!
Make great videos easily with Animoto. Perfect for things like book trailers. Click here to get started.
Vellum allows you to easily format your books. Only available for Mac users. Click here to learn more.
PublisherRocket is a market research tool that lets you discover keywords, categories, and more to help sell your books. Click here to learn more. Affiliate
Dropbox is a great way to back up your important files. Use this link to get 500 MB additional free space.
Square makes taking payments easy (invoices, credit cards, you name it). Click here to get free processing on up to $1,000 in credit card transactions for the first 180 days.
Publish Your Book
Publish ebooks and paperbacks on Amazon using Amazon KDP. Click here to get started.
Publish ebooks, paperbacks, and hardcovers on Barnes & Noble. Click here to get started.
Publish ebooks on Kobo and Walmart using Kobo Writing Life. Click here to learn more.
Publish ebooks on Apple Books. Click here to open an account (Apple users) or click here to learn more (PC or Apple users).
Distribute ebooks and paperbacks on a variety of stores and networks using D2D. Click here to learn more about this distributor. (affiliate)
I use PayHip with my clients to set up direct sales without the tax woes! Click here to get started. Affiliate
Looking for an author assistant?
Advanced Reader Copies Information
- Edelweiss+ (site to request ARCs)
- NetGalley (site to request ARCs)
- Penguin Teen’s FAQ page (lists how to request ARCs)
- How to Request Free Books for Review | Bookish
- How do I get ARCs? | Booknerd Addict
- How to request a physical review book from major publishers | Thoughts by J
- Stop & Chat ~Physical ARC Request~ | Read. Sleep. Repeat.
- Book Girls Don’t Cry: Requesting ARCs | Xpresso Reads
- How to Get ARCs & What Not To Do! | Kait Rose Reads
- How to Receive Physical ARCs – Information and Good Practices | Nose Graze
Book Bloggers and Reviewers Listing Sites
- Amazon Top Reviewers List (Looking for the top Amazon reviewers? Here you go)
- Book Bloggers on Instagram (Find bloggers on Instagram!)
- Book Reviewer Yellow Pages (Find blogs that review self-published books!)
- Kate Tilton’s Book Bloggers (please note this list is no longer updated)
- KidLitosphere Central (YA and children’s book bloggers)
- The Book Blogger List (Fiction, Non-fiction, and YA blogger lists here!)
- The Indie View (Find blogs that review indie books!)
- Tweet Your Books (reviewer list)
- YA Book Blog Directory (Find YA book bloggers)
Blogging Tips, Tricks, and Resources!
- Nose Graze (awesome resources for every blogger)
- WordPress Theme Guide (a how-to for customization)
- The Book Boyfriend List (add your favorite book boyfriend to the list or find a new one!)
- Free Books (this page contains links to sites where you can find legal free books for reading and reviewing)
- How to Create a Viral Book Trailer (Very detailed guide for creating a book trailer)
- Lend your Kindle books! (A how-to on lending)
- The Self-Publishing Checklist (Created by Jane Friedman)
- Authors on Instagram (Master List) (A list of all the authors on Instagram!)
- Author Marketing Club (amazing resources for book marketing)
- Book Marketing 101 guide by Kindlepreneur
- Ultimate List of Sites to Promote Your Free eBook (List your FREE ebook deal on these sites)
- Buffer (social media scheduling tool)
- MeetEdgar (social media scheduling tool)
- Hootsuite (social media scheduling tool)
- Tailwind (schedule your pins & analytics for your account!)
- WooBox (add fan-only content to your page & more!)
- Agora Pulse (Facebook stats & management)
- Authors on Instagram (Master List) (Connect with authors on Instagram!)
- Book Bloggers on Instagram (Master List) (Connect with authors on Instagram!)
- Bookstores on Instagram (Connect with bookstores)
- Writing Bloggers to Follow on Instagram (Connect with writers)
- Followerwonk (analyze your Twitter followers: where do they come from? How often do they tweet?)
- Twitter Chat Schedule by Tweet Reports
- Twitter Historical Data (just like it sounds)