Hello and thank you for your interest in doing a gif interview on Kate Tilton, Connecting Authors & Readers. Below is all the information you should need to complete your interview. Please note that images uploaded in this form must be under 2mb, if you attach larger images the form will not process and I will be unable to publish your interview. Once the form is submitted you should receive an email letting you know the submission has been received, if you do not get this then I have NOT gotten your submission. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
What is a gif interview?
A gif interview is where the author is only allowed to answer my questions using gifs and/or pictures. You can see examples of gif interviews here.
What is a gif?
A file format that supports animated images (aka moving pictures). Example:
(Frozen owned by Disney)
How do I find gifs?
Try using any of these websites:
- Reaction Gifs
- Gif Database
- For more options try How to Search for the Perfect GIF
- All questions must be answered in gifs and/or pictures.
- When submitting your gifs/images please send the URL of the gif. Do not put gifs in a Word document as Word does not support the gif format and all your images will lose their animation.
- Do not use any crude, sexual, or swearing images. We keep this site PG-13.
- Include any copyright information. For example if you get a gif online of a scene from Doctor Who, include the link where you got it and the show title “Doctor Who” so I can credit the source. See the gif above for an example.
- To submit your interview use the form below. Please note all interviews start with a “Hello *author name* and welcome to the blog” intro and a “Thank you for visiting the blog *author name*. It was such a pleasure to have you!” outro. Please include a gif for both the intro and outro along with answers for 5-8 of the questions below.
- What inspired you to get your PhD/Masters/*insert college degree or certification*?
- I love that you write *insert genre* but add in that *insert genre or subject* twist. What is your favorite way to add in that twist?
- How do you manage all your responsibilities; writing, family, friends?
- As a fellow cat lover I couldn’t help but notice you have cats of your own. Would you share a photo of your cats with us?
- What are your favorite books?
- Can you give us a hint on what your next book will be about?
- What gave you the inspiration to write about *insert subject of your book*?
- Do you have some photo inspiration for your characters?
- Are you competitive at any sport/hobby?
- How are you feeling about *insert book title* finally being out in the wild (aka published)?
- Did you find that writing about a character who grew up in the same area as you was easier or harder than writing about characters from other places?
- Where are your favorite places to connect with readers?
- Why did you decide to publish under the pen name *insert pen name*?
- Do you get a lot of people who are confused by the pen name?
- How did it feel to share that you write under a pen name with your readers?
- I saw that you have lived down South before. What is your favorite part of the South?
- If you could live anywhere (real or fictional) where would it be?
- If you could visit one place in the world (or out of this world) where would it be?
- Working with a partner can have lots of benefits. What are your favorite things about writing together?
- It’s no surprise that I have a sweet tooth, one of my favorite sweets is fudge. Do you like fudge? If so what kind? If not what do you like instead?
- How did you feel before the launch party for your book?
- How did you feel after an author event?
- What is your reaction when you walk into a new bookstore?
- I’ve heard before that authors are sometimes asked to show ID before you signing their books at a store. What would be your reaction if that happened to you?
- What is your favorite place you have visited?
- What is the place you would love to visit the most that you haven’t been to yet?
- What is your favorite board game to play?
- What does a book hangover look like for you?
- What’s it like to actually hold a book you’ve written in your hands for the first time?
- What’s your favorite part of being a writer?
- What is the hardest scene for you to write? (Kissing scenes, action scenes, etc)
- What is the worst part of being a writer?
- What does it look like when you start writing a new idea?
- How do you feel when you are editing?
- Do you have any advice?
- Aliens, pirates, or princes? (My favorite character types )
- What prince would you pick to be yours?
- What has been the best part of your publishing journey?
- What is the hardest part about being an author for you?
- Are you afraid of anything? Would you share it with us?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- What research do you do for your books?
- How does going to a bookstore make you feel?
- You meet your favorite author in person. What is your reaction?
- You found out your book had been picked up by a publisher. How did that moment in your life look?
- Best birthday gift you have ever received?
- How did you thank the person(s) who gave you the best gift ever?
- What is your reaction to news of your book making a new rank or bestseller list?
- Your first novel is coming out soon. Please share with us how you feel now.
- Are you savvy with technology?
- You spend all night editing away on your current work in progress, finally you hit your word count and decide to head to bed when suddenly a new shiny idea hits you. What do you do?
- Can you share your reaction when meeting new fans?
- And your reaction to meeting up with old fans?
- You’ve spent the whole day diligently editing your next novel. You promised yourself once you finished these last few pages you’d reward yourself. What reward do you give yourself?
- A new episode of Doctor Who just came on, but you are on a deadline. How do you handle the situation?
- How would you describe a Twitter chat for someone who has not joined on before?
- You have writers block, what does your reaction look like?
- Where are you in the process of writing now?
- How did you feel when released your first book?
- I know a few authors who have some quirky writing habits. Do you have any?
- What are your favorite scenes to write (explosions like Beth Revis or maybe the kissing scenes like Jessica Spotswood)?
- What was your favorite part of going to a book festival?
- Do you have any new books come out or awesome events you have gone to recently?
- Can you share a gif that describes what your latest book is about?
- Have you made any new resolutions you’d like to share with us?