This month has been all about gif interviews! Today we have author Alex London with us as part of his Guardian blog tour. In case you are new to the site a gif interview is where the author is only allowed to answer my questions using gifs. Without further ado here is Alex!
1. Hi Alex! I’m so glad to have you on the blog today!
2. It was so great to meet you at Books of Wonder for your launch party for Guardian. How did you feel before the event?
3. How did you feel after the event was over?
4. Books of Wonder is one amazing bookstore among so many others. What is your reaction when you walk into a new bookstore?
5. So I heard from the grapevine that you were once asked to show ID before you signed your books at a store. What was your reaction to that?
6. One of my favorite stories from the Guardian book launch was the tale of the boys who saved their school from being destroyed by lava by digging a trench around the building. How did hearing that everyone was safe make you feel?
7. What is your favorite place you have visited?
8. What is the place you would love to visit the most that you haven’t been to yet?
9. My friend and I were convinced after meeting you that you’d be the life of any game night. So what is your favorite board game to play?
10. Thank you so much for stopping by Alex! It was so lovely to see your answers. Till next time!
About Alex London:
Alex London writes books for adults (One Day The Soldiers Came: Voices of Children in War), children (Dog Tagsseries; An Accidental Adventure series) and teens (Proxy). At one time a journalist reporting from conflict zones and refugee camps, he is now a full time novelist living in Brooklyn, NY, where he can be found wandering the streets talking to his dog, who is the real brains of the operation.
GUARDIAN (Proxy #2):
In the new world led by the Rebooters, former Proxy Syd is the figurehead of the Revolution, beloved by some and hated by others. Liam, a seventeen-year-old Rebooter, is Syd’s bodyguard and must protect him with his life. But armed Machinists aren’t the only danger.
People are falling ill—their veins show through their skin, they find it hard to speak, and sores erupt all over their bodies. Guardians, the violent enforcers of the old system, are hit first, and the government does nothing to help. The old elites fall next, and in the face of an indifferent government, Syd decides it’s up to him to find a cure . . . and what he discovers leaves him stunned.
This heart-stopping thriller is packed with action, adventure, and heroics. Guardian will leave you breathless until the final page.
A fast-paced, thrill-ride of novel full of non-stop action, heart-hammering suspense and true friendship—just as moving as it is exhilarating. Fans of Anthony Horowitz’s Alex Rider series, James Dashner’s Maze Runner, Patrick Ness’s Chaos Walking series, and Marie Lu’s Legend trilogy will be swept away by this story.