Hello and thank you for your interest in doing a gif interview on Kate Tilton, Connecting Authors & Readers. Below is all the information you should need to complete your interview. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
What is a gif interview?
A gif interview is where the author is only allowed to answer my questions using gifs and/or pictures. You can see examples of gif interviews here.
What is a gif?
A file format that supports animated images (aka moving pictures). Example:
(Frozen owned by Disney)
How do I find gifs?
Try using any of these websites:
- All questions must be answered in gifs and/or pictures.
- When submitting your gifs/images please send the URL of the gif. Do not put gifs in a Word document as Word does not support the gif format and all your images will lose their animation.
- Do not use any crude, sexual, or swearing images. We keep this site PG-13.
- Include any copyright information. For example if you get a gif online of a scene from Doctor Who, include the link where you got it and the show title “Doctor Who” so I can credit the source. See the gif above for an example.
- To submit your interview use the form below. Please note all interviews start with a “Hello *author name* and welcome to the blog” intro and a “Thank you for visiting the blog *author name*. It was such a pleasure to have you!” outro. Please include a gif for both the intro and outro along with answers for 5-8 of the questions below.
- What inspired you to get your PhD/Masters/*insert college degree or certification*?
- I love that you write *insert genre* but add in that *insert genre or subject* twist. What is your favorite way to add in that twist?
- How do you manage all your responsibilities; writing, family, friends?
- As a fellow cat lover I couldn’t help but notice you have cats of your own. Would you share a photo of your cats with us?
- What are your favorite books?
- Can you give us a hint on what your next book will be about?
- What gave you the inspiration to write about *insert subject of your book*?
- Do you have some photo inspiration for your characters?
- Are you competitive at any sport/hobby?
- How are you feeling about *insert book title* finally being out in the wild (aka published)?
- Did you find that writing about a character who grew up in the same area as you was easier or harder than writing about characters from other places?
- Where are your favorite places to connect with readers?
- Why did you decide to publish under the pen name *insert pen name*?
- Do you get a lot of people who are confused by the pen name?
- How did it feel to share that you write under a pen name with your readers?
- I saw that you have lived down South before. What is your favorite part of the South?
- If you could live anywhere (real or fictional) where would it be?
- If you could visit one place in the world (or out of this world) where would it be?
- Working with a partner can have lots of benefits. What are your favorite things about writing together?
- It’s no surprise that I have a sweet tooth, one of my favorite sweets is fudge. Do you like fudge? If so what kind? If not what do you like instead?
- How did you feel before the launch party for your book?
- How did you feel after an author event?
- What is your reaction when you walk into a new bookstore?
- I’ve heard before that authors are sometimes asked to show ID before you signing their books at a store. What would be your reaction if that happened to you?
- What is your favorite place you have visited?
- What is the place you would love to visit the most that you haven’t been to yet?
- What is your favorite board game to play?
- What does a book hangover look like for you?
- What’s it like to actually hold a book you’ve written in your hands for the first time?
- What’s your favorite part of being a writer?
- What is the hardest scene for you to write? (Kissing scenes, action scenes, etc)
- What is the worst part of being a writer?
- What does it look like when you start writing a new idea?
- How do you feel when you are editing?
- Do you have any advice?
- Aliens, pirates, or princes? (My favorite character types )
- What prince would you pick to be yours?
- What has been the best part of your publishing journey?
- What is the hardest part about being an author for you?
- Are you afraid of anything? Would you share it with us?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- What research do you do for your books?
- How does going to a bookstore make you feel?
- You meet your favorite author in person. What is your reaction?
- You found out your book had been picked up by a publisher. How did that moment in your life look?
- Best birthday gift you have ever received?
- How did you thank the person(s) who gave you the best gift ever?
- What is your reaction to news of your book making a new rank or bestseller list?
- Your first novel is coming out soon. Please share with us how you feel now.
- Are you savvy with technology?
- You spend all night editing away on your current work in progress, finally you hit your word count and decide to head to bed when suddenly a new shiny idea hits you. What do you do?
- Can you share your reaction when meeting new fans?
- And your reaction to meeting up with old fans?
- You’ve spent the whole day diligently editing your next novel. You promised yourself once you finished these last few pages you’d reward yourself. What reward do you give yourself?
- A new episode of Doctor Who just came on, but you are on a deadline. How do you handle the situation?
- How would you describe a Twitter chat for someone who has not joined on before?
- You have writers block, what does your reaction look like?
- Where are you in the process of writing now?
- How did you feel when released your first book?
- I know a few authors who have some quirky writing habits. Do you have any?
- What are your favorite scenes to write (explosions like Beth Revis or maybe the kissing scenes like Jessica Spotswood)?
- What was your favorite part of going to a book festival?
- Do you have any new books come out or awesome events you have gone to recently?
- Can you share a gif that describes what your latest book is about?
- Have you made any new resolutions you’d like to share with us?